Monday, December 23, 2013

Catching Up 3

Part 3 of the Catching Up series......

I thought that my wife was very open minded when we started going to New Zealand.  She would allow me to do pretty much anything I wanted.  I thought that was pretty awesome until she started commenting to her family that "the life insurance is paid up."  I'm beginning to think she has a death wish.....FOR ME!!!!

On our honeymoon, I did my first bungy.  This was at Gravity Canyon and is a 280 foot bungy.



At this point, I had the "adrenaline bug."

We went to Taupo where her dad and step-mother live and we rode on the Huka Falls Jet Boat.  This video isn't us, but it gives you an idea of what it's like.


We went back several years later and I did the bungy there in Taupo.  This one was only about 150 feet.  You can hear the guys talking to me at the beginning of the video.  They asked me if it's OK if I "touch" the water.  I tell them that's fine and then they reassure me by saying that it's a new rope and it might "stretch a bit."

As you might have noticed, I went in to the water up to my nipples.

Annita, Roberto (her brother) and I made a trip to Rotorua and raced down the three luge tracks.  We didn't video tape our exploits, but I did find some people that did, so you can see what it was like.  This is the Advanced track, the hardest of the three, but you can see where you actually "get air" on the way down.  It's a blast!!!


Here's the *big* bungy that I want to do.  It's called the "Nevi Bungy" and it's a 450 foot bungy.  That's 8.5 seconds of screaming your lungs out free-fall.  What sucks about that is that Amy will get to do this before me!!!!  LOL

Here's what it looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment