Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Two Down, One to Go...


Two Down, One to Go...

The plane left the gate at Denver and almost made it to the runway before they stopped the plane and asked over the PA system if there were any doctors or nurses on the plane.  No reply.  They kept down the line, getting to "are there any EMT's on the plane?"  Evidently, there was an elderly lady that was having breathing problems, as they had taken her a bottle of oxygen.  The pilot turned around and headed back to the gate.  I pulled out my cell phone and texted my friend Shawn, who is a doctor.  I told him he should have been on the plane, they needed a doctor.  He replied, and I'm paraphrasing here, you should have said, "I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night."  While humorous, I don't think the airline personnel would have seen the humor in it.  Besides, we stayed at a Comfort Inn, and the delivery just isn't the same.....


(Click to Biggenate)

But we did make it!!!!

And it was just in the nick of time too!!!  We only had about 12 hours once on the ground until our flight was due to leave for Melbourne.  We had to hang around for about 3 hours before we could get our tickets for the last leg, so we went and ate lunch.

We pretty much twiddled our thumbs for the remaining 2 hours, but once we had the tickets we were off to the golf course!!!  We went to Westchester Golf Course and Driving Range.  We'd read the reviews on the web and didn't have our hopes up too high, but it was a very nice course and in pretty good shape.  We rented clubs that looked like they had never been cleaned.....EVER!!!  I had a Callaway driver that looked like one of the previous renters didn't like their shots and had pounded it on the ground, denting the bottom of the club.  It said 460cc driver, but it looked more like a 440, maybe 445cc.  On the lighter side, with the bottom dented in, it didn't drag so much when you hit it "a little fat."  The biggest problem we had with the course was the greens looked like a hail storm had just passed through.  I honestly think Nita and I were the only ones repairing the greens!!  I quickly took the lead in our little 9 hole endeavor, but we won't go into the final score.  I hate to brag.....

We caught another taxi ride back, made our way through security and ate supper.  Its now 7:20 pm, local time and the plane doesn't take off until 10:40 local time.  That's 12:40 am western Kansas time and we crawled out of bed at 4:30 am after 4 or 5 hours of sleep.  I'm beginning to think I'll be able to sleep most of the sixteen and three quarter hours we'll spend in the air to Melbourne.

Of course, the 2 Nyquil I'll take on the plane, washed down by a fermented hops beverage of some type will assist that!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment